For Public Distribution in the U.S. For Institutional, Professional, Qualified and/or Wholesale Investor Use Only in Other Permitted Jurisdictions as defined by local laws and regulations.
Investing involves risk, including possible loss of Principal. Past Performance does not guarantee future return. Asset allocation and diversification do not ensure a profit or protect against a loss. All financial investments involve an element of risk. Therefore, the value of the investment and the income from it will vary and the initial investment amount cannot be guaranteed. Infrastructure companies may be subject to a variety of factors that may adversely affect their business, including high interest costs, high leverage, regulation costs, economic slowdown, surplus capacity, increased competition, lack of fuel availability, and energy conservation policies. International and global investing involves greater risks such as currency fluctuations, political/social instability and differing accounting standards. Risk is magnified in emerging markets, which may lack established legal, political, business, or social structures to support securities markets and/or may be subject to trading suspensions, government interventions, or other interference. For Public Distribution in the U.S. For Institutional, Professional, Qualified and/or Wholesale Investor Use Only in Other Permitted
This material covers general information only and does not take account of any investor’s investment objectives or financial situation and should not be construed as specific investment advice, a recommendation, or be relied on in any way as a guarantee, promise, forecast or prediction of future events regarding an investment or the markets in general. The opinions and predictions expressed are subject to change without prior notice. The information presented has been derived from sources believed to be accurate; however, we do not independently verify or guarantee its accuracy or validity. Any reference to a specific investment or security does not constitute a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold such investment or security, nor an indication that the investment manager or its affiliates has recommended a specific security for any client account. Subject to any contrary provisions of applicable law, the investment manager and its affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, disclaim any express or implied warranty of reliability or accuracy and any responsibility arising in any way (including by reason of negligence) for errors or omissions in the information or data provided. All figures shown in this document are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise noted. Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal.
Index descriptions: FTSE Global Core Infrastructure 50/50 Index is a market-capitalization-weighted index of worldwide infrastructure and infrastructure-related securities and is net of dividend withholding taxes. Constituent weights are adjusted semi-annually according to three broad industry sectors: 50% utilities, 30% transportation, and a 20% mix of other sectors, including pipelines, satellites, and telecommunication towers. MSCI World Core Infrastructure Index captures large and mid-cap securities across the 23 Developed Markets countries. The Index is designed to represent the performance of listed companies within the developed markets that are engaged in core industrial infrastructure activities. MSCI AC World Infrastructure Index captures the global opportunity set of companies that are owners or operators of infrastructure assets. Constituents are selected from the equity universe of MSCI World, the parent index, which covers mid and large cap securities across the 23 Developed Markets (DM) countries. MSCI All Country World Index is a stock index designed to provide a broad measure of global equity market performance. The MSCI ACWI Utilities Index captures large and mid cap representation across 23 Developed Markets and 24 Emerging Markets countries. All securities in the index are classified in the Utilities sector as per the Global Industry Classification Standard. Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index was launched June 1, 2006 and is a composite of energy infrastructure Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs). The capped, float-adjusted, capitalization-weighted index constituents earn the majority of their cash flow from midstream activities involving energy commodities. The MSCI World Core Infrastructure Index was launched on Jan 16, 2015.
Preqin private infrastructure index start date: 12/31/2007. The unlisted infrastructure benchmark is part of Preqin’s Private Capital Quarterly Index series that captures the return earned by investors on average in their private capital portfolios, based on the actual amount of money invested in private capital partnerships.
The MSCI ACWI Infrastructure Index was launched on Jan 22, 2008.
FTSE Global Core Infrastructure 50/50 Index launched in March 2015.
The infra300® index was launched on March 31, 2000 and is an equally weighted index designed to match the TICCS® allocations of the global unlisted infrastructure equity investment universe. It is designed to track the structure of global infrastructure market by business model, industrial activity and corporate structure.
Index performance information reflects no deduction for fees, expenses, or taxes. Indices are unmanaged and individuals cannot invest directly in an index.
This material may contain ‘forward looking’ information that is not purely historical in nature. Such information may include, among other things, projections and forecasts. There is no guarantee that any forecasts made will come to pass. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader.
This material is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
This document is issued in:
- The United States by Principal Global Investors, LLC, which is regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Europe by Principal Global Investors (EU) Limited, Sobo Works, Windmill Lane, Dublin D02 K156, Ireland. Principal Global Investors (EU) Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. In Europe, this document is directed exclusively at Professional Clients and Eligible Counterparties and should not be relied upon by Retail Clients (all as defined by the MiFID). The contents of the document have been approved by the relevant entity. Clients that do not directly contract with Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited (“PGIE”) or Principal Global Investors (EU) Limited (“PGI EU”) will not benefit from the protections offered by the rules and regulations of the Financial Conduct Authority or the Central Bank of Ireland, including those enacted under MiFID II. Further, where clients do contract with PGIE or PGI EU, PGIE or PGI EU may delegate management authority to affiliates that are not authorized and regulated within Europe and in any such case, the client may not benefit from all protections offered by the rules and regulations of the Financial Conduct Authority, or the Central Bank of Ireland.
- United Kingdom by Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited, Level 1, 1 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7 JB, registered in England, No. 03819986, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”).
- United Arab Emirates by Principal Global Investors LLC, a branch registered in the Dubai International Financial Centre and authorized by the Dubai Financial Services Authority as a representative office and is delivered on an individual basis to the recipient and should not be passed on or otherwise distributed by the recipient to any other person or organisation.
- Singapore by Principal Global Investors (Singapore) Limited (ACRA Reg. No. 199603735H), which is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and is directed exclusively at institutional investors as defined by the Securities and Futures Act 2001. This advertisement or publication has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Australia by Principal Global Investors (Australia) Limited (ABN 45 102 488 068, AFS Licence No. 225385), which is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. This document is intended for sophisticated institutional investors only.
- This document is marketing material and is issued in Switzerland by Principal Global Investors (Switzerland) GmbH.
- Hong Kong SAR (China) by Principal Asset Management Company (Asia) Limited, which is regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission and is directed exclusively at professional investors as defined by the Securities and Futures Ordinance.
- Other APAC Countries, this material is issued for institutional investors only (or professional/sophisticated/qualified investors, as such term may apply in local jurisdictions) and is delivered on an individual basis to the recipient and should not be passed on, used by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
Principal Funds are distributed by Principal Funds Distributor, Inc.
© 2023 Principal Financial Services, Inc. Principal®, Principal Financial Group®, Principal Asset Management, and Principal and the logomark design are registered trademarks and service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a Principal Financial Group company, in various countries around the world and may be used only with the permission of Principal Financial Services, Inc. Principal Asset ManagementSM is a trade name of Principal Global Investors, LLC. Principal Real Estate is a is a trade name of Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC, an affiliate of Principal Global Investors.
MM13450A | 05/2023 | 2904363-122024