Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. Inflation and other economic cycles and conditions are difficult to predict. This material may contain ‘forward-looking’ information that is not purely historical in nature and may include, among other things, projections, and forecasts. There is no guarantee that any forecasts made will come to pass. Reliance upon information in this material is at the sole discretion of the reader.
This material covers general information only and does not take account of any investor’s investment objectives or financial situation and should not be construed as specific investment advice, a recommendation, or be relied on in any way as a guarantee, promise, forecast or prediction of future events regarding an investment or the markets in general. The opinions and predictions expressed are subject to change without prior notice. The information presented has been derived from sources believed to be accurate; however, we do not independently verify or guarantee its accuracy or validity. Any reference to a specific investment or security does not constitute a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold such investment or security, nor an indication that the investment manager or its affiliates has recommended a specific security for any client account. Subject to any contrary provisions of applicable law, the investment manager and its affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, disclaim any express or implied warranty of reliability or accuracy and any responsibility arising in any way (including by reason of negligence) for errors or omissions in the information or data provided.
Integration of sustainability considerations and/or environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors is qualitative and subjective by nature. There is no guarantee that the criteria used, or judgment exercised, will reflect the beliefs or values of any particular investor. Investment teams have a high degree of investment process autonomy and may consider or weight sustainability and/or ESG criteria or factors differently (or not at all). For those teams that consider sustainability and/or ESG factors as part of the investment process in strategies that are not explicitly sustainability and/or ESG-oriented, those sustainability considerations and/or ESG factors are generally no more significant than other factors in the investment selection process, such that sustainability considerations and/ or ESG factors may not be determinative in deciding to include or exclude any particular investment in the portfolio. Information regarding responsible practices or other sustainability metrics, including ESG data, differs by source and may not be accurate or complete. Integration of sustainability considerations and/or ESG factors may present additional advantages or risks, may not protect against market risk or volatility, and under certain circumstances may detract from investment performance. You should not make any investment assumptions based solely on the information contained herein. Information is provided as additional insight into the relevant investment processes and should not be viewed as a change in an investment team’s underlying investment objectives, strategies, risk parameters, or portfolio construction guidelines. There is no assurance that any strategy or integration of sustainability considerations and/or ESG factors will be successful or profitable.
Neither this document, nor the sustainability considerations contained therein, relate to a specific investment strategy/product managed by Principal Asset Management (or its affiliates) nor their classification under the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (EU) No. 2019/2088. More information on the Principal Asset Management Sustainable Investing Policy can be found at principalam.com/about-us/esg.
This document is intended for use in:
- The United States by Principal Global Investors, LLC, which is regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Europe by Principal Global Investors (Ireland) Limited, 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, D02 R296, Ireland. Principal Global Investors (Ireland) Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Clients that do not directly contract with Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited (“PGIE”) or Principal Global Investors (Ireland) Limited (“PGII”) will not benefit from the protections offered by the rules and regulations of the Financial Conduct Authority or the Central Bank of Ireland, including those enacted under MiFID II. Further, where clients do contract with PGIE or PGII, PGIE or PGII may delegate management authority to affiliates that are not authorised and regulated within Europe and in any such case, the client may not benefit from all protections offered by the rules and regulations of the Financial Conduct Authority, or the Central Bank of Ireland. In Europe, this document is directed exclusively at Professional Clients and Eligible Counterparties and should not be relied upon by Retail Clients (all as defined by the MiFID).
- United Kingdom by Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited, Level 1, 1 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7 JB, registered in England, No. 03819986, which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”).
- This document is marketing material and is issued in Switzerland by Principal Global Investors (Switzerland) GmbH.
- United Arab Emirates by Principal Global Investors LLC, a branch registered in the Dubai International Financial Centre and authorized by the Dubai Financial Services Authority as a representative office and is delivered on an individual basis to the recipient and should not be passed on or otherwise distributed by the recipient to any other person or organisation.
- Singapore by Principal Global Investors (Singapore)Limited (ACRA Reg.No.199603735H), which is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and is directed exclusively at institutional investors as defined by the Securities and Futures Act 2001. This advertisement or publication has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Australia by Principal Global Investors (Australia) Limited (ABN 45 102 488 068, AFS Licence No. 225385), which is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and is only directed at wholesale clients as defined under Corporations Act 2001.
- Hong Kong SAR (China) by Principal Investment & Retirement Services Limited, which is regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission. This document has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission.
- Other APAC Countries/ Jurisdictions, this material is issued for institutional investors only (or professional/sophisticated/ qualified investors, as such term may apply in local jurisdictions) and is delivered on an individual basis to the recipient and should not be passed on, used by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
Principal Global Investors, LLC (PGI) is registered with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a commodity trading advisor (CTA), a commodity pool operator (CPO) and is a member of the National Futures Association (NFA). PGI advises qualified eligible persons (QEPs) under CFTC Regulation 4.7.
Principal Asset Management℠ is a trade name of Principal Global Investors, LLC. Principal Asset Management leads global asset management and is a member of the Principal Financial Group®.
© 2023 Principal Financial Services, Inc. Principal®, Principal Financial Group®, and Principal and the logomark design are registered trademarks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a Principal Financial Group company, in the United States and are trademarks and services marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., in various countries around the world.
For Public Distribution in the U.S. For Institutional, Professional, Qualified and/or Wholesale Investor Use Only in other Permitted Jurisdictions as defined by local laws and regulations.
3242397 | 12/2023